High Volume Low Speed Fan (HVLS)
A High Volume Low Speed(HLVS) fan is air circulating device of larger diameter. it is available in sizes of 8 feet to 24 feet. HVLS fans are generally ceilling fan althoug some are pole mounted. HVLS fans move slowly and distribyte large amounts of air at low rotational speed. Hence they are called high volume low speed (HLVS) fan.
HVLS fans work on the principle that cool moving air breaks up the moisture saturated boundary layer surrounding the body and accelerates evaporation to produce a cooling effect. HVLS Ceilling fans produce a column of air as they turn.this column of air moves down and out along the floor jet. This deep wall of horizontal moving air is relative to the diameter of a fan ,and to the speed of a fan. once the floor jet reaches the floor, it moves the air outward until it meets a side wall or other vertical surface.
- Wide range of sweeps to choose from, with suitability for single or three phase AC supply
- Reversibility by change of blade mounting
- Metal frame with rubber mounting for silent operation
- Heavy duty, totally enclosed, energy efficient, 2 ball bearing induction motors.
- Precisely balanced aerodynamically contoured metal blades with die cast aluminum spider/hub
- Long lasting Epoxy powder coating
- Availability of accessories like front back protective guard for safety and square gravity louvers.
- Generally conforming to IS : 2312 — 1967.
Comparison between Industrial Air Circulators and HVLS Fan
|Size||24 Feet||30 inches or 750 mm|
|Power||1.5kW or 1500W||320W|
|Number of fans||1||30|
|Operating power in kW||1.5W or 1500W||9.6kW or 9600W|
|Operating Cost||RS.135 for 10 hours||RS. 864 for 10 hours|
HVLS Fan Technical Specifications
|Model||Fan Diameter (feet)||Air Diameter (CFM)||Floor to ceiling height (CFM)||Motor (kW)||Fan Speed (RPM)||Area Coverage (sqft)|
|HL08GV||8||1,30,000||13 to 15||0.75 kW||110||4,000|
|HL12GV||12||1,75,000||15 to 18||0.75 kW||95||7,000|
|HL16GV||16||2,25,000||18 to 22||1.10 kW||80||10,000|
|HL20GV||20||3,00,000||22 to 27||1.5 kW||65||15,000|
|HL24GV||24||3,75,000||> 27||1.5 kW||55||20,000|